Date & Location
Tuesday, March 28, 2017 7:30 AM - Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:00 PM
Zuckerman Research Center 417 E 68th St, New York, NY
Critical Care Medicine, Hospital Medicine, Nurse Practitioner, Physicians Assistant
This is a 2 day conference discussing current information on critical care medicine. The first day is a general overview of various critical care topics and the second day is simulation based training using bedside ultrasonography.
Memorial Sloan Kettering gratefully acknowledges the following organizations for providing educational grants, financial support, or in-kind product donation for this live activity:
- GE Healthcare
- Edwards Lifesciences
- FUJIFILM SonoSite, Inc.
- Understand the likely and unlikely etiological organisms and various therapeutic regimes for community acquired (CAP), hospital acquired (HAP) and ventilator acquired pneumonia (VAP)
- Describe the common abnormalities found on CT imaging
- Discuss the common uses for critical care ultrasound
- Discuss the physiology and treatment modalities for the various shock states
- Describe the management of a patient on mechanical ventilation
- Understand the pathophysiology of uncorrected valvulopathies and its management
- Describe the approach and management to the difficult airway
- Describe the pharmacological management of anesthetics and sedation
- Discuss innovative ideas that may be part of critical care delivery in the future
|Day 1 NPs, PAs, MDs
|Day 1 Students (NP, PA, MD)
|Day 1 Industry Members*
|Day 2 Ultrasound Workshop - Sold Out!
Registration includes continental breakfast, lunch, and refreshment breaks. Please contact us at least one week prior to the course if you have any special dietary needs.
- 30% Discounted Rate for MSK Alumni and MSK Alliance Members
MSK offers a discounted rate to all MSK Alumni and MSK Alliance members to attend a CME course. Please contact email@example.com for more information or to register.
- MSK Staff Registration
Registration is complimentary for MSK staff who wish to attend this course. However, you must complete course registration to attend this course.
- Day 2 Ultrasound Workshop Waitlist - Sold Out!
Unfortunately at this time, we are not able to accommodate any additional spots in the Day 2 Ultrasound Workshop.
*Industry Members (registration applies to Day 1 only) - Registration is for educational purposes only. Marketing, sales, and promotion of products and services are prohibited at CME activities.
If you cancel your participation in this course, your registration fee, less a $75 administrative fee, will be refunded when email notification is received by the MSK Office of Continuing Medical Education (MSK CME) at least 7 days prior to the first day of the course (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Cancellations or no-shows after this date are not eligible for a refund. MSK CME reserves the right to cancel or postpone any course due to unforeseen circumstances. In the unlikely event we must cancel or postpone this course, we will refund the registration fee in full, but are not responsible for any related costs, charges, or expenses to participants, including fees incurred by airline/travel/lodging agencies. At any time, you may substitute another registrant in your place after contacting MSK CME with the relevant information.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Credit
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center–Nursing Professional Development /Continuing Education is accredited with distinction as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
8.00 contact hours awarded to participants who attend the entire program and complete a program evaluation. No partial credit awarded.